Thoughts and Improvements

Today I found myself looking forward to my walk.  The first couple of days, I had to engage willpower and just make myself go.  But now, already, it calls to me.

As usual, when I started walking, I immediately noticed the thought flow.  It's always there, I just see it when I walk.  Today the thoughts were about a long-gone work situation and then, on a more positive note, I was reflecting about two young friends who just got married.

The thoughts calmed, as they always do, after ten minutes or so.  Then I was at the river, and the rising sun made the water look like shiny, pounded silver.  A moment there, and then the trip back, when my thoughts turned to work.  Not yet, I said to my mind, and they faded.

Something important is happening, but it isn't about calories.  It's about thoughts and how I respond to the events of the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walk Every Day

Day Three

Treasures