Treasures

Today on my walk, I found some treasures.  First, I am meeting the neighbors.  Many of the residents of this quiet neighborhood commute by bike and on foot this time of year, and I see them as I walk down the lane, on their way to work.

There's a older woman who rids her bike every day.  She has the happiest smile on her face every day, as if she is just fine with how her life is.  And the 40-something woman who walks her dog every morning.

As I walk down the lane, my mind begins to clear, as usual.  Then, in the resulting quiet, an idea occurs to me that I can implement in my new consulting business.  It's a basic, creative concept, a linking of two principles.  I don't think it would have occurred to me without the walk.

It is surprising how quickly this small think, this little walk, has made itself at home in my life.  In just one week, it has begun to change my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Three

Walk Every Day